Known Supplier of Inflight Supplies
The Known Supplier of In-flight Supplies procedure aims to ensure a safety chain from the producer to the airline.
Therefore, in-flight supplies, including food, to be transported or used on board an aircraft must be subject to security controls and then protected until loaded onto the aircraft to prevent prohibited articles from being brought on board.
The advantage: a "known supplier of in-flight supplies" is a supplier whose procedures comply with common safety rules and standards allowing in-flight supplies to be supplied to an airline or regulated supplier, but not directly to an aircraft.
On behalf of the Federal Office of Civil Aviation (FOCA), we will inform, train, advise and prepare you in the process of becoming a known supplier of in-flight supplies so that your entity can be certified. To be certified as a Known Supplier of in-flight supplies, you must go through the following steps:
- Registration as Known Supplier of in-flight supplies
- Training of the security managers
- Elaboration of the security concept
- Implementation of the security concept
- On-site verification
- Certification by the FOCA
Known Supplier of inflight-supplies Validation
On the basis of the inspection and the security program, the Independent Validator prepares a report with recommendations to the FOCA. The FOCA alone decides on the certification and issues optionable a certificate.
The certification of a “Known Supplier of inflight-supplies” has a validity of 2-years.
Following steps will lead you to the certification:
- Registration at Checkport as Known Supplier of inflight-supplies
- Registration for the training course "Security Manager for Known Supplier of inflight-supplies " at Checkport
- Successful completion of the Security Manager training
- Written elaboration of the " Known Supplier of inflight-supplies " security program in accordance with the FOCA requirements
- Submission of the security program to Checkport for examination
- Implementation of the security program " Known Supplier of inflight-supplies ".
- Training of the employees of the Known Supplier of inflight-supplies, if necessary
- Notification to Checkport that Known Supplier of inflight-supplies is ready for inspection
- Successful completion of the on site verification
- Written request from Checkport to the FOCA to assign the status as a "Known Supplier of inflight-supplies ".
Listing in the Swiss-wide database of Known Suppliers of inflight-supplies and issuance of an optional certificate by the FOCA – valid for 2 years